1) Customer Acknowledgement.
The Customer acknowledges agreement with these Terms and Conditions of Sale by the placement of an order to purchase product from Independent Computer Retailers (ICR) Pty. Ltd.
Independent Computer Retailers, ICR, Internet Business Design Australia and IBD are trading names of Independent Computer Retailers (ICR) Pty. Ltd. This contract of sale is between the entity named on the invoice (the â€œCustomerâ€) and Independent Computer Retailers (ICR) Pty. Ltd.
All goods are supplied on these terms and conditions only and no person in the employment or otherwise as agent for ICR has any authority to supply goods on any other terms and conditions or to vary these terms and conditions in any way whatsoever. Previous dealings shall not vary or negate these terms and conditions in any respect.
2) Returns, Refunds or Exchange of Goods.
ICR will gladly refund or credit goods returned within a reasonable time (generally 7 days) provided the goods are in original condition, original packaging, current version and not a special order, hardware, peripheral or clearance item. Otherwise, we will make our best effort to arrange exchange with the manufacturer or accept the goods back for resale. In this case, if the return is authorised by ICR, a restocking fee of up to 20% may apply.
Please note that where the plastic seal of a software package is broken the return or exchange cannot be accepted due to copyright and licensing restrictions unless faulty nor defective. In this case we will direct the customer to the Software Company for assistance.
Return or exchange of computer hardware and peripherals is sometimes not possible due to third party constraints on ICR (unless faulty). Unless agreed otherwise prior to purchasing, all sales shall be considered firm sales.
3) Warranty Information.
All products sold by ICR are covered by the manufacturersâ€™ warranty that accompanies the product unless otherwise stated. ICR makes no additional or independent warranty. ICR does not warrant the performance, compatibility, integrity, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of any product, but merely passes through to the Customer whatever end-user warranty the manufacturers or software publishers provide with the respective products.
- Due to restrictions placed upon us by the manufacturers, hardware that is defective on arrival can generally be exchanged if we are notified within 7 days of invoice. Otherwise, the manufacturerâ€™s warranty process must be followed.
- Warranty RMA number remains valid for 14 days only after which you need to apply for a new RMA number.
4) Delivery of Goods.
We place great importance on the fast and reliable delivery of Customers orders, however please note that delivery times are estimates only and ICR shall not be liable for delays.
If the Customer fails or refuses to take delivery of the goods, then in addition to all other rights and remedies of ICR, the Customer shall be liable for all loss and damage (including consequential loss and damage) suffered or incurred by ICR as a result thereof and ICR, at its discretion may charge a restocking fee of up to 20% of the purchase price.
The goods shall be at the Customers risk at the point of delivery. The Customer, upon taking delivery of the goods, shall immediately examine the goods and give written notice to ICR of any defect within five (5) days of such date, failing which the goods shall be deemed to have been delivered in good order and condition and accepted by the Customer.
5) Title of Goods.
The goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of ICR as legal and equitable owner and the Customer shall hold such goods as bailee only until such time as the Customer shall have paid the full price. The Customer shall be liable to ICR in respect of any loss or damage to the goods during such bailment.
The price shall be paid by the Customer in full without any deduction in respect of any claimed set-off or counter-claim (including any such set-off or counter-claim on account of any delay on the part of ICR in delivering any part of the goods) on or before the payment date.
In addition to any other rights or remedies of ICR in the event of the Customerâ€™s default hereunder, ICR shall be entitled:
- To charge and recover costs incurred for the collection of payment (such as but not limited to collection agency fees and legal costs), cheque dishonour fees, interest at the current rate specified by The Australian Taxation Office - General Interest Charge (GIC) from the due date for payment until payment in full;
- To immediately and without notice retake possession of the goods (and for such purpose the Customer irrevocably licenses ICR, its employees, contractors, servants or agents to enter upon the premises at which the goods are located to so retake possession) and resell the goods after seven (7) days written notice to the Customer and thereafter recover from the Customer any amount by which the resale price is less than the price agreed to be paid by the Customer, together with all costs and expenses suffered or incurred by ICR as a result of the Customerâ€™s default;
- At the sole discretion of ICR charge a restocking fee of up to 20% of the purchase price.
- At the sole discretion of ICR put the Customer account credit on hold and suspend the supply of goods and services (including RA).
7) Errors and Omissions.
At ICR, we work hard to offer you the most competitive pricing and accurate product information. Because of the dynamic nature of our industry (e.g. vendor price changes and other variables beyond our control), prices, promotions, versions and availability advertised are subject to change without prior notice. Please be assured of our every effort to ensure the accuracy; however the documents and graphics published may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. ICR makes no representations about the suitability of this information; it is provided â€œas isâ€ without warranty of any kind. If an error is made or a product is listed at an incorrect price, ICR shall maintain the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed. If the order has been confirmed and charged to your credit card, ICR shall immediately issue a refund.
8) Limitation of Liability.
ICR, shall under no circumstances be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damages including loss of profit or opportunity, even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages: the maximum liability for all direct damages, if any, arising out of any action shall be limited to an amount not to exceed the purchase price of the product.
Subject to any applicable Commonwealth or State Legislation, ICRâ€™s liability for any such breach shall be limited, at its sole discretion, to any of the following:
- Replacement of the goods or any part thereof;
- Supply of equivalent goods or any part thereof;
- Repair of the goods or any part thereof;
- Payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods or any part thereof;
- The payment of the cost of having the goods or any part thereof repaired; or
- Refund of the goods upon return.
9) All Sales Made in Queensland, Australia.
Allsales shall be deemed made in the state of Queensland of Australiaregardless of the location of the Customer. The Customer agrees thatany dispute with ICR shall be brought by the Customer exclusively inthe State or Federal courts situated in the State of Queensland.
10) Acceptable Use (Internet Services).
All Users are required to comply with ICR's Acceptable Use Policy which can be referenced at http://www.icr.com.au/tc-aup .
ICR warrants that it has good title to all products it sells. In the event any section or portion of a section of these Terms and Conditions of Sale are deemed unlawful or unenforceable, that section or portion of a section shall be stricken from the Terms and Conditions of Sale, and the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.